Over Spinach & Lentils
12 cups raw spinach
¾ cup lentils, raw
Salt & pepper to taste
4-4 oz salmon fillets
Fresh orange slices
½ teaspoon ginger
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Rinse lentils and place in a pot.
2. Cover with vegetable broth and boil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until tender (roughly 30 minutes).
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Steam spinach and place on a plate
6. Place salmon fillets on baking sheet and squeeze fresh orange slices over fillets.
7. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, ground ginger, and fresh chopped parsley.
8. Broil 10 minutes or until done (fish should flake when done)
9. Place salmon on bed of spinach with lentils in a circle around the salmon fillet. Sprinkle with parsley on top.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 348, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 372mg, Total Carbohydrates: 20g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 3.5g, Protein: 34g
Wed, June 10, 2009
by Amy Campbell filed under